professortales

The harrowing tales of a grad student cum adjunct. My musings, rants and diatribes against the Ivory Tower, state funded education and people, who may include students, who irritate me.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Well I just got an email from the angel in charge of disability concerns to let me know that Oscar took his exam yesterday, less than 24 hours after the original exam was given to the class. Pseudored is very happy that this has been taken care of a) before spring break, and b) with little trouble and extra work for me! I email Lead Teacher to let him know we’re good, another blissful response: “You know you can take points off for having that extra day, he may have gotten a heads up from friends. Don’t go too far for this guy, it’s not like he’s really disabled.” I think I sat with my mouth open for about five minutes. So a temporary disability should not be dealt with accordingly? Maybe I am just so used to having students give me bunk excuses and then hem and haw around finishing assignments. To have one with an actual excuse, and who, battered as he is, takes initiative to make sure that the work gets done in a very timely matter is a joy. Or maybe my standards are too low. Now I am off to meet with an administrator who wants to know why I think and agreed to possibly giving a student an incomplete who, this week, had her baby TWO MONTHS early, and called me from her hospital room. ARRRGGGG!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home